OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. The Ultimate Austin PinTrip Contest (the “Contest”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico), 21 years old or older at the time of entry. Employees of Four Seasons Hotel Austin or the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and each of their respective corporate parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees, are not eligible.
3. Timing. The Contest begins at 7:30 am CT on May 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm CT on June 11, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). The server(s) hosting this Contest is the official time clock.
Contest entries will be accepted beginning at 7:30 am CT on May 1, 2012 and end at 11:59 pm CT on May 31, 2012 (the "Board Submission Period").
Public voting for the Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prize Winners (the “Voting Period”) will take place from 9:00 am CT on June 4, 2012 through 11:59 pm CT on June 8, 2012.
The Grand Prize Winner and Runner-up Prize Winners will be designated and notified by email on or about June 11, 2012.
4. How to Enter. The following entry guidelines apply to each submission:
Step 1: If you are currently a member of Pinterest, please proceed to Step 3.
Step 2: To become a Pinterest Member: please send an email to email@example.com with your name and email address and a Pinterest invitation will be sent to the email address provided by you. Only one email request per person permitted. Pinterest membership is not guaranteed by the Sponsors.
Step 3: Once a Pinterest member, create an “Ultimate Austin PinTrip” Board (hereinafter “Board” or “Contest Entry”) on Pinterest that contains 10-20 pins that represent your ideal Austin vacation. Pins may be uploaded by the user, pinned from websites and/or other Pinterest boards, although at least one pin on your Board must be from the Sponsors’ websites (http://www.austintexas.org or http://www.fourseasons.com/austin) in order for the Board to be eligible to win.
Step 4: Once your Board is complete, enter the Contest by visiting the “Enter Contest” tab on Four Seasons Hotel Austin’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/fourseasonshotelaustin), within the Contest Period, and submit your contact details and the URL link to your Board using the Wildfire contest application (the “Registration Form”).
Limit one (1) entry per person per household during the Board Submission Period. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, and the Sponsors reserve the sole discretion and right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry on the Registration Form. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsors with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry.
5. Content Restrictions. You may not submit or post anything that is offensive or violates any third party’s rights. For example, your Board may be comprised of any image found on the Sponsors’ websites, but must not contain or reference any of the following:
• Names, identifying information or photos of any persons other than yourself (no friends or other family members);
• Nudity or lewd, vulgar, indecent or obscene images (as determined by Sponsors’ sole discretion);
• Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
• Material that is copyrighted, trademarked, protected by trade secrets or otherwise subject to a third party’s proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material;
• Depiction of defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group);
• Third-party trademarks, names or logos; or
• Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any country, state or province where the Contest Entry is created.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Contest Entry that does not comply with these Content Restrictions or that Sponsor otherwise deems to be offensive or inappropriate in its sole discretion. In the event of disqualification, the Contest Entry will not be judged or considered for a prize.
6. Judging. The Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up winner selection process will be conducted as follows:
Step 1: After the Board Submission Period, a team consisting of two representatives from Four Seasons Hotel Austin and two representatives from the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau (the “Judges”) will review all valid entries and select the top ten (10) Boards (the “Finalist Boards”) on the basis of, among other things, creativity, positive representation of Sponsors’ brands, composition and style of expertise of Board submitted.
Step 2: During the Voting Period, the Finalist Boards will be listed on the PinTrip Contest tab on Four Seasons Hotel Austin’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/FourSeasonsHotelAustin) to allow fans of Four Seasons Hotel Austin’s Facebook page to vote for the Finalist Board they like best. Fans may vote once per day during the Voting Period.
Step 3: The official designation of winners will be determined as follows:
One (1) Grand Prize Winner: the Finalist Board receiving the greatest number of votes at the end of the Voting Period will be designated the Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, the Sponsors will determine the Grand Prize Winner, again on the basis of, among other things, creativity, positive representation of Sponsors’ brands, composition and style of expertise of Board submitted.
Two (2) Runner-Up Prize Winners: the Finalist Boards receiving the second- and third-greatest number of votes at the end of the Voting Period, will be designated the Runner-Up Prize Winners. In the event of a tie, the Sponsors will determine the Runner-Up Prize Winners, again on the basis of, among other things, creativity, positive representation of Sponsors’ brands, composition and style of expertise of Board submitted.
7. Prizes and Odds. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries submitted.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive an Austin Vacation Prize Package, including the following components:
(a) round-trip economy air transportation for two (2) adults to Austin.
(b) three (3) nights hotel accommodations (1 room) at Four Seasons Hotel Austin
(c) $500 USD in cash
Two (2) Runner-Up Prize winners will receive the following:
(a) one (1) night hotel accommodations (1 room) at Four Seasons Hotel Austin
(b) $100 USD gift certificate to an Austin dining establishment, to be determined by the Sponsors
The dates of travel will be agreed upon by the Sponsors and prize winners, but must occur between June 12, 2012 and August 31, 2012. The Grand Prize Winner will receive round-trip economy tickets for two (2) people from United Airlines, to be used to fly to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport from any designated domestic United Airlines city. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for transportation to the closest United Airlines city that services Austin; Sponsors reserve final approval of all airport selections. Redeemed travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights. Certain blackout dates may apply and travel may be capacity controlled. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Airline fees, taxes, surcharges and/or service charges are the responsibility of the passenger. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all travel documents and identification acceptable to the airlines, Transportation Security Administration and the Government of the U.S., as they apply. Hotel accommodations are based upon availability and some blackout dates may apply. Each prize winner will be solely responsible for his/her own ground transportation, as well as any other costs and expenses related to their prize trip. The Grand Prize has an ARV of $3,600 USD; the Runner-up Prizes have an ARV of $800 USD each.
All prizes are “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per person per household during the Contest Period. All taxes, gratuities, and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of the winners.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners shall be notified via email on or about June 11, 2012. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner.
9. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and the voting results, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her Contest Entry, name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. The Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by the Sponsors.
10. Limitations of Liability. By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsors, and their respective corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, employees and agents of each of them (collectively, the "Contest Entities") will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from any participant's acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize(s), travel to or from any prize-related activity, participation in the Contest, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Contest Entities will not be responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Contest. The Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, post-due, misdirected, copied, transferred, illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or the Sponsors.
The Sponsors reserve the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if, at their sole discretion, they determine that for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, viruses, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Sponsors reserve the right to award prizes based on a random drawing from the entries received before the termination date.
11. General Release. All entrants hereby agree that upon submission of their Board it will be freely accessible to the public and you grant the Sponsors unlimited license to reproduce the Board, and create any derivative works of the Board in perpetuity, and that the Sponsors shall have the right to publish in any media whatsoever the Board (including any reproduction or derivative work) and use it in perpetuity, the entrant’s name and likeness for any lawful purpose, including promotional purposes, without further compensation. By entering the contest, entrant represents that entrant created the Board for his/her entry into this Contest. Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases the Sponsors from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Contest and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which the Sponsors may reasonably request addressing this or any other Contest rules. The Sponsors reserve the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
12. Force Majeure. The failure of the Sponsors to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of either (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
13. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts located in Texas, in the United States; (2) any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest or the transactions contemplated hereby must be instituted exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction located within the County of Travis, State of Texas and in no other jurisdiction and each party further irrevocably consents to personal jurisdiction and exclusively in, and agrees to service of process issued or authorized by, any such court; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, in the United States, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
14. Miscellaneous. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Affidavit will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules or the affidavit is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof.
16. Official Rules and Winners List. To receive a copy of these Official Rules and/or the list of Ultimate Austin PinTrip Contest Winners (available after June 11, 2012), please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below:
Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Attn: Public Relations
98 San Jacinto Blvd.
Austin, TX 78701
17. Sponsors. The Ultimate Austin PinTrip Contest is sponsored by Four Seasons Hotel Austin and the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Four Seasons Hotel Austin’s Public Relations Department.