“Our bar team works hard to achieve that perfect balance of local ingredients, housemade syrups, seasonal fruit and herbs in all of our cocktails,” said Sarah Rahl, head bartender in the Lobby Lounge. “Whether it’s funky and savory, sweet or spicy we do our best to make sure we ‘wow’ any guest that walks through our doors.”
Highlighting in-season ingredients readily available in Texas, the new drinks are $14 each and will be available nightly through June 2017. Among the noteworthy new cocktails:
- Beekeeper – it doesn’t get more local than this cocktail, which is made using honey from a hotel employee’s personal apiary. Rounding out the drink ingredients are Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Bombay Chai tea and lemon.
- Batini – inspired by Austin’s famous bat population (which incidentally are best viewed from the Lobby Lounge), this drink features Dripping Springs Vodka, housemade blueberry syrup, grapefruit juice, lemon and a dash of sparkling wine. The pièce de résistance? A blueberry and two mint leaves as a garnish, speared just so to look like a flying bat.
- Banzai – on the list of popular cocktails, margaritas are perpetually hot. But this version takes “hot” to a new level! Made with shishito pepper-infused Patron Tequila, Domaine de Canton, lime and Togarashi salt, this new take on Texas’ favorite tequila drink is not for the faint of heart.
- Biplane – a refreshing take on a traditional gin and tonic, the Biplane features Aviation Gin, blackberry, basil, lemon and Topo Chico.
- Sgt. Pepper – Mezcal is having its moment, but this delicious cocktail featuring pink peppercorn-infused Ilegal Mezcal, grapefruit bitters and agave is sure to be a perennial favorite.
Complementing the seasonal options are several classic recipes, ranging from three different gin drinks to a rotating barrel-aged cocktail selection.
For more details on the Lobby Lounge, or for questions regarding the new seasonal cocktails, please call the Lobby Lounge at (512) 685-8150.More posts from March 2017